QUICK ACCESS GUIDE
How to Access Push Notifications
To view the new push notification dashboard:
- Go to COMMUNICATE and select PUSH NOTIFICATIONS
- You will see your download and subscriber counts here
- This is where you can locate any push notifications you have sent
How To Send a Push Notification
1. Click on the Send tab on the left side of the screen
2. This can be accessed from ANY page in the Content Portal
3. Fill out the subject and message field. Include an image
4. You can include an image, but remember-- push notifications are small, short, and their intent is to
drive a user to take action.
5. Choose where you want your notification to send a user. You can send them to a home screen, a
section of your app (ex: Courses list), a specific content piece (ex shown here: an action list), or a URL.
6. Choose who you want to send it to: Everyone or just a specific group who has access to a tag
(ex: Free members).
7. Currently, the only option to send a notification is "now". The ability to schedule a push notification
is coming soon!
8. Click send to send your notification.
We recommend sending a push in One Signal to your current subscribers as soon as your app is re-launched in 9.0. You will want to instruct them to re-download your updated app and subscribe to notifications on the new platform so they don't miss your communications.
If you have not yet upgraded to 9.0, we highly recommend you do so in the next few months.
Apps running on 8.0 or older platforms will be at the mercy of One Signal changes and Actionera has moved away from their technology in favor of our own.
To purchase the 9.0 upgrade, here is the link.