^ Video - Soon to be updated
Videos are a type of media content that you can add in the Content Portal. The video above will walk you through how to add video content so it appears in your app/web. Please note that the look of the Content Portal has changed since this video was created, but the steps are still basically the same.
Going here will pull up the Videos list. This list will populate as you add more and more video content to it.
To add Video content, you will need to click on the [Add Video] button.
This will bring you to the New Video form.
To fill out this form you can watch along in the video or refence the text below.
- Video Name: Enter the name of your video here. There is a 60 character limit
- Video URL - Learn More HERE!
- Image URL: Insert the image URL or Upload the image directly.
NOTE: The Video and Image that you directly upload to the Content Portal, cannot be downloaded again later using the UPDATE button. Keep a copy saved outside the Content Portal (see Edit/Update a Video)
- Description: Add either a video description, transcript or some other related text here. TIP: Adding URLs in the description will not work in the App View. App user's cannot click on URLs and follow them to a website. They will be forced to manually copy the link if they want to view a URL you list in the description. For that reason, we recommend using the CTA area when you want to send the user to a specific link.
- Release Date - Learn More HERE!
- Call to Action Text: Add you CTA text here. There is a 50 character limit. Can be left blank
- Call to Action URL: Add you CTA URL here. Can be left blank
- Featured?: By turning this button on (turns blue when on) the video content will be featured on the home screen area of the app. The content is not featured (default state) when turned off. NOTE: You can only feature one video. If you have toggled this button on for multiple videos, the app will continue to feature the first one it was turned on for. If no video is featured, a 'no content message appears when going to the featured video area. For this reason, we recommend you always have featured content.
- Topics: In order for your video content to appear in the app, it must live under a topic or directory listing (except featured content). This is where you select what topic/listing you want your video to appear under. NOTE: (1) To select a topic/listing, you must have already created the topic/listing name in the content portal. (2) If you get to this step and realize you don't have the topic/listing created yet, don't worry. Submit the 'new video' content without it, because you can add the topic later - by editing the content.
How-to select the topic: If you have already created the topic/listing, left click in the Topics Box area. To find the topic/listing you want, you can either:
- scroll down until you find it
- begin typing its name in the box. NOTE: That you only need to type as much of the name as is required for it to appear in the list. This will vary depending on how many topics you have created and how similarly they are named
- Sort Order - Learn More HERE!
- Tags - Learn More HERE!
Edit/Update Video Content
The last thing we will be looking at is how you can Edit or Delete video content after you have created it.
Finding the Video Content you want to Edit:
When you are on the 'Video List' page in the Content Portal, you will see a search box in the upper right hand corner. You can manually scroll through your video list to find the video you want to edit, or you can use the search function. You can also toggle the sort order area (clicking on the up & down arrows) to change the order from ascending to descending and visa-versa.
When using the search box, you need only to began typing the name of the video you are looking for and it will automatically begin eliminating the options until only the name of your video remains. The search box only applies to the video name.
Deleting a Video:
While in the 'Video List' area, you can delete an entire video if you want to. You need only click on the trash can icon to the far right of the video name. Once you click on the trash can, you will be prompted to confirm that you truly want to delete the content. You confirm yes (by clicking the delete button) or no (by clicking the cancel button). Once the content has been deleted, it cannot be recovered again.
Edit/Update a Video:
Find the video that you want to make a change to in the 'Video List' area. Click on the UPDATE button, on the far right-hand side. Once you select your video, you will be taken to the 'Edit Video' area, with the video content already filled in. From here you can make any changes that you want to in any of the fields on the form. Giving you the same options as when you first created the video. If you like the changes that you made, click Submit. If you do not, click Cancel and the content will revert back to what it was before you began making the changes.
If you click Submit, there is no way to recover the earlier version(s). So save any content you think you might want later in a separate document outside of the Content Portal. NOTE: The Images and Videos that were directly uploaded to the Content Portal, cannot be downloaded again later using the UPDATE button. That means that if you make a change to the Image or Video by deleting &/or replacing it, that content will be lost forever if you do not have it saved outside the Content Portal already. If you used a URL, then you can copy the URL out of the Content Portal at a later time, if needed.