^ Video - Soon to be updated
Lets take a quick second to go over the structure of the app, to give you a good working knowledge that will allow you to use the app in the best way possible to serve the needs of your goals within the app. Please note that the look of the Content Portal has changed since this video was created, but the steps are still basically the same.
There are two main structure networks in the app and multiple ways to access each one.
Topics are the most visible and easily accessible structure in the app. By default, most app owners will have a [TOPICS] button on the main home screen area.
This is the main way that most app users will quickly find and access the topics in your app. The second way is through the dropdown menu ☰
2. DIRECTORY LISTINGS
Directory Listings work exactly the same way that Topics do. You will use the exact same form to create a Topic as you will a Directory Listing. The ONLY difference between them, is where you find them in the app/web.
Topics Live in the Topics menu found by using the 2 possible methods mentioned above. Directory Listings are found under Directories. The only way to get to Directories, is by using the dropdown menu ☰
NOTE: In the older versions of the app, you can get to the default Resource Directory from the Topics area. At the top you will see the words Topics/Resources, and clicking on the Resource word will tab over to that Directory.
Going here will pull up the Topics/Directory Listings list. This list will populate as you add more and more Topics/Listings to it.
To add a New Topic/Listing, you will need to click on the [Add Topic/Listing] button.
This will bring you to the New Topics/Listing form.
To fill out this form you can watch along in the video or refence the text below.
- Topic Name: Enter the name of your Topic/Listing here.
- Image URL: Insert the image URL or Upload the image directly.
NOTE: The Video and Image that you directly upload to the Content Portal, cannot be downloaded again later using the UPDATE button. Keep a copy saved outside the Content Portal (see Edit/Update a Video)
- Sub-Topics - Learn More HERE!
- Directory Listing [Button] - By switching on this button you are turning your Topic into a Directory Listing. This means you will need to select which Directory you want your Listing to appear under. Use the Which Directory? field below this button to choose your Directory.
- Custom Video Text: The text you write here will become the link to view the video you select from the Video field. You Must select a video that you want to be featured with this Topic/Listing if you add text here. The video must already be created in order to select it.
- Custom Article Text: The text you write here will become the link to view the article you select from the Article field. You Must select an article that you want to be featured with this Topic/Listing if you add text here. The article must already be created in order to select it.
- Custom Lesson Text: The text you write here will become the link to view the lesson you select from the Lesson field. You Must select a lesson that you want to be featured with this Topic/Listing if you add text here. The lesson must already be created in order to select it.
- Sort Order - Learn More HERE!
- Tags - Learn More HERE!
- Custom URLS - You can add additional URL links with text prompts under any Topic/Listings. You can add multiple links if you like. Just click the ADD CUSTOM URL button and fill out the Link Text and Link Fields.