How-to Add Audio Content
Follow the steps below to learn how to add audio content to your app, or watch our detailed video training right here
Step 1: Access the Audio List
While in the Content Portal, go to the Content tab and select> Audios
This will pull up the 'Audio List.' The 'Audio List' will populate as you add more and more audio content to it. To add audio content, left click on the [Add Audio] button to get to the 'New Audio' Form
Step 2: Filling Out The 'New Audio' Form
- Title: Enter the Name of your Audio content here. NOTE: There is a 60 character limit
- Author: Name of Author or Publication here. NOTE: There is a 35 character limit. TIP: You can use this area in other ways as well. Whatever you put here shows up slightly larger and in bold at the top of the description content. So if you want to add a sub-title, or if you number your podcasts, etc. This is the perfect place to do that
- Description: Provide a short or detailed description of the audio file in this area. TIP: Other ways you can use the description area is to add a complete transcript of the audio file or to add a list of timestamps for the audio file
- Image URL: Insert the image URL or Upload the image directly
- Audio URL: Insert the audio URL or Upload the audio directly
NOTE: The Image and Audio that you directly upload to the Content Portal, cannot be downloaded again later using the UPDATE button. Keep a copy saved outside the Content Portal (see Edit/Update a Video)
- Release Date: The default release date will be whatever the current date is. If you would like the content to release at a later date, you can make that adjustment here. NOTE: A release date must be chosen in order to submit the content
- Call to Action Text: Add you CTA text here. NOTE: There is a 50 character limit. Can be left blank
- Call to Action URL: Add you CTA URL here. NOTE: Can be left blank
- Featured?: By turning this button on (turns blue when on) the audio content will be featured in the web version of the app only. The content is not featured (default state) when turned off
- Topics: In order for your audio content to appear in the app, it must live under a topic or directory listing (except featured content). This is where you select what topic/listing you want your audio to appear under. NOTE: (1) To select a topic/listing, you must have already created the topic/listing name in the content portal. (2) If you get to this step and realize you don't have the topic/listing created yet, don't worry. Submit the 'new audio' content without it, because you can add the topic later - by editing the content
How-to select the topic: If you have already created the topic/listing, left click in the Topics Box area. To find the topic/listing you want, you can either:
- scroll down until you find it
- begin typing its name in the box. NOTE: That you only need to type as much of the name as is required for it to appear in the list. This will vary depending on how many topics you have created and how similarly they are named
- Sort Order: Use sort order to organize how your content appears in the app. NOTE: The default sort order is 1. The audio content will sort according to the numerical value you give it first, followed by alphabetically if multiple content is given the same number
How-to use sort order: If you left mouse click in the sort order box and delete the current number in order to type your own, it will automatically add a zero in front of whatever number you type. For this reason we recommend using one of the following two methods for adding the correct number that you want to type
- use the up/down arrows that appear in the far right of the box when you hover your mouse over the box
- highlight the number in the box by either using your mouse or using your keyboard to select-all (PC: Ctrl + A | Mac: Command + A) then type the number you want
- Tags: Functions the same way as the Topics box, except you are searching for Tags instead. NOTE: (1) The default tag is to have no tag selected. If you do want a Tag, it must already have been created for you to select it. (2) You are not required to select a tag in order to submit content. (3) You can come back and add/or modify a tag after you have submitted the 'new audio' form
Step 3: Edit/Update Audio Content
The last thing we will be looking at is how you can Edit or Delete audio content after you have created it.
Finding the Audio Content you want to Edit:
When you are on the 'Audio List' page in the Content Portal, you will see a search box in the upper right hand corner. You can manually scroll through your audio list to find the audio you want to edit, or you can use the search function. You can also toggle the sort order area (clicking on the up & down arrows) to change the order from ascending to descending and visa-versa.
When using the search box, you need only to began typing the name of the audio you are looking for and it will automatically begin eliminating the options until only the name of your audio content remains. The search box only applies to the audio name.
Deleting Audio Content:
While in the 'Audio List' area, you can delete the audio content, but only one at a time. You need only click on the trash can icon to the far right of the audio content name. Once you click on the trash can, you will be prompted to confirm that you truly want to delete the content. You confirm yes (by clicking the delete button) or no (by clicking the cancel button). Once the content has been deleted, it cannot be recovered again.
Edit/Update Audio Content:
Find the audio content that you want to make a change to in the 'Audio List' area. Click on the UPDATE button, on the far right-hand side. Once you select your audio content, you will be taken to the 'Edit Audio' area, with the audio content already filled in. From here you can make any changes that you want to in any of the fields on the form. Giving you the same options as when you first created the audio content. If you like the changes that you made, click Submit. If you do not, click Cancel and the content will revert back to what it was before you began making the changes.
If you click Submit, there is no way to recover the earlier version(s). So save any content you think you might want later in a separate document outside of the Content Portal. NOTE: The Images and Audio that were directly uploaded to the Content Portal, cannot be downloaded again later using the UPDATE button. That means that if you make a change to the Image or Audio by deleting &/or replacing it, that content will be lost forever if you do not have it saved outside the Content Portal already. If you used a URL, then you can copy the URL out of the Content Portal at a later time, if needed.